We have long term volunteer positions available!
Are you considering a gap year, or do you want to experience life as a missionary in Cambodia? We’re looking for mature, committed Christian people with a willingness to learn, serve, and explore new and different ways to make an impact in the local community.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to:
- Build deeper relationships with Cambodian students and staff
- Contribute to projects from concept to completion
- Be mentored by experienced leaders
- Be a role model, and use your talents, skills, experiences, and gifts in powerful ways
- Be immersed in Cambodia culture, and dig beneath the surface to discover the real Cambodia
- Make a huge contribution to Milk and Honey’s work, by meeting one of our biggest needs
We also guarantee that it will be hard, frustrating at times, challenging, sometimes lonely, and incredibly rewarding and fulfilling. You will be stretched, grown, and developed in ways you never could at home.
We are far more interested in your character than your formal qualifications. We recommend completing a TESOL / EFL short course (to learn how to teach English) which are not expensive, and can be completed in one to three months, in person or online.
Being a native English speaker, or having fluent English, is a big asset. Most of the Cambodians we interact with have a basic level of English, but want to learn better pronunciation.
We are a creative ministry. Your experience, hobbies, and interests as well as your skills and expertise will be used to build bridges of connection to Cambodians. A long term stint allows you to start a club, social program, or training course that will be lots of fun, and help develop our community.
- Come on a school team or adventure team. This is a pre-requisite, (unless you already live in Cambodia)
- Contact us to express your interest
- Based on your conduct on the team, we will determine if you are eligible to apply
- If eligible, we will interview you, discuss your role and opportunities available, and provide further details
- Flights, immunisations, visas, spending money
- A small monthly contribution to water, electricity, food, and rent
We strongly recommend seeking monthly personal financial support from your church or network, not just for the funds, but to connect people with your experiences, and share what you learn with them.
- 2017 Vision Dinner Tickets
- About Us
- Adventure Teams
- An Exciting New Season
- Christmas Non-Event
- Our Story
- Terms & Conditions
- The Gospel message
- Volunteer Long Term
- What we do
- Milk + Honey
- School Teams
- Support Cambodia
- Support Milk and Honey
- Advisory & Prayer Team
- Cambodia Team
- USA Representative